12.17.2017

Trend Alert: Athleisure

Happy Sunday Divas!

I have a confession; I'm not a big fad of fads and trends. If I like something, I'll grab it. If I don't, I walk past it. Typically I don't get into the latest styles, as they make for loads of unused items in your closet, made for purging. So, I usually find myself turning a blind eye, until I see something I know I can use in a bunch of different ways.

One such trend whose pieces  I know can be dressed up or down, is the althleisure trend sweeping the blogger nations. 

For anyone sleeping under a rock, Athleisure is a trend in fashion in which clothing designed for workouts and other athletic activities is worn in other settings, such as at the workplace, at school, or at other casual or social occasions. This means that those Adidas sweatpants, or your favorite hoodie can actually be worn as a chic look to the latest holiday party! Fear not on what not to wear, as this trend puts the "purpose" in re-purposing your clothes.



I took a swing at the athleisure trend with this Gucci inspired leggings I scored from TNicole Boutique. Although workout inspired clothing is typically baggy and less form fitting, these leggings had an awesome stretch, perfect for doubling as yoga, or even running pants.








I paired it with this comfy sweater from Burlington Coat Factor and vibrant red heels, for an ensemble made in Chic and comfy heaven.

What's one of your favorite trends sweeping the blogosphere? Leave a comment or picture below! I love hearing from you!



Faithfully,
Brieana



No comments:

Post a Comment