3.13.2016

OOTD: Transitioning into Spring

What a beautiful week it's been! It early March and we're already moving into gorgeous weather. Here in the Poconos, it was a cool and calm 65-70 degrees all week long! Still, we still got some pretty cool mornings, and windy rainy days. With the freezing rain turning into cool winds, today's outfit inspo was centered around transitional wardrobe staples, i.e the ones you can wear when the warm day doesn't turn out to be as warm as you were hoping. This is usually the time of year when we're stumped on what to wear. Let me help!

First up we have this mock denim top that I got from JCPenney's. While the sleeves are long and the shirt reaches me past my waist. the material is light, and the light "faux denim" look makes me think of spring. I also have a shirt similar to this in a darker denim wash. Both tops were $19.99.

Don't be fooled down at the bottom. This "pencil skirt" is actually a dress I owned, repurposed for the transitioning occasion. It features an additional lining underneath the dress, which makes the cool winds today more bearable.

My shoes are a couple season old from Lola Shoetique. These shoes are cupser comfy, and I love the embellished strap around the ankle. The shoe also features some different color combinations, as shown with the camel and black, which bring the outfit together as well as keeping it from being too boring or monotone.

I finished off the look with a camel hobo bag that I got from Rainbow a few years back. The color and free form back help to create a casual Sunday look that was both comfortable and weather apporpriate.

How do you transition from the winter into the spring? Leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!

Faithfully,

Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment