4.03.2017

Mixed Up in the Spring

Happy Spring everyone! It's been a while, and I figured I should re-surface during the season of growth! Along with my re-vamped blog site, I come gracing you with a new outfit of the day!

Today, I decided to mix prints like only I can. I was talking to a fellow fashionista the other day, and she asked me what were some of my go-to spring trends/fashions. My answer was simple; mixing prints, dramatic sleeves, and an ode to the 80's and 90's fashions that have quickly been resurfacing.

I did 2 of my 3 staples in this outfit, and I'll have to resist the urge to wear the outfit again and again.

This peep shoulder top is a couture find I scored from California. A funny story about this piece: I almost  regretted purchasing it. You see, I'm a bit of a thrifty shopper, and there a certain pieces I wouldn't dare spending so much money on. And one look at this top, and I thought I could find it somewhere cheaper. But the quality put into this is like no other! My plus size gals know what a struggle the arm area can be. This piece does not disappoint, with extra roomy arms, mostly due to the stretch elastic feature near the shoulders. The bell half-sleeve also provided some extra airiness, perfect for a warmer spring day.

The mixing part of my ensemble came easily with the horizontal stripes. A tip for you curvy girls who love stripes, the smaller the stripe, the better!



Balloon-Sleeve Tops: Here


Midi Pencil Skirt: Here



Moral of the story: Don't be afraid to mix it up a bit! Fashion is what you make it!
Don't forget to comment, share, and subscribe. I love hearing from you!

Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment