4.27.2017

Power Suit

Fashion bucket list item #53526748: A nice, form-fitting, head spinning pants suit.

I realized this year that in addition to my regular vision board with all of my dreams aspirations, and hopes, I also need to add my fashion vision board to that list. I'm going to fill it with all of my wants,. fashion icon inspirations, and outfit to-do's. If I had thought of this a few years ago, an all white suit would have been on this list...FOR SURE.

I had an event the other day. The attire: formal. So in come the last minute mad dash for a nice form-fitting lacy gown (as I do best), and when I came up empty and almost lost hope, my darling mother rushes into the rescue with a pretty risky idea.

"Didn't see you see those suit separates the other day? What if you wore those? How crazy would that be?!"

Now we're talking ball gowns, pressed edges, and the most expensive jewelry. And here I was toying around the idea of wearing a SUIT. But if there's one thing I've learned in my few years in the blogospehere is that fashion is whatever the heck you want it to be. And that night...I wanted it to be an off white suit.

These pieces came from Dress Barn. Another surprise deviation from my normal go-to shop, as Dress Barn always felt a little mature for my tastes. So now I had the task of dressing up a power suit, while not trying to look too mature.

I paired the powerful outfit with this shimmery rose-gold body I scored from Charlotte Russe, as well as this gold chandelier choker.

Top it off with a pop of color on my feet, and I was ready to go head to the ball...in a pants suit. Take THAT dress attire.


Don't forget to subscribe to my blog! Stay tuned for more daring choices and great finds1

Cropped pocket blazer here: Plus|Straight


Pants:Here 



Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment