2.14.2016

OOTD: My Funny Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Today is the day to remind your loved ones how much and why you love them! It's not just for those with that special someone. Its for those who are looking to love themselves more completely and remind themselves to look themselves in the mirror on the other 364 days of the year, reminding themselves that they are "flawless".

Today's outfit inspiration came straight from how "mixed-up" I've been feeling this past week. I have gone through and surpassed a few trials and tribulations this week, and the mixed print theme just illustrated that I don't need to have it altogether to have it all. This ensemble is fire if I do say so myself! When I showed my mother my outfit today, she gave me this sideways stare. You see, back in her style days, everything had to match. From the shirt all the way down to the shoes. But in more recent days, I see more and more mixed prints and I absolutely love it!



This plaid top is form Old Navy, one of my favorite places to purchase basics and key pieces for your wardrobe. The red and pink scheme screamed Valentine's Day. It has a nice cozy feel to it, which made it all the more difficult to head outside in the -5 degree weather.

My skinny jeans are from Forever 21+. You can literally find these babies in a bunch of different washes, and I believe  paid about 11.80 for them. Forever 21 is also a good one stop shop for basic items. I always have to resist the urge to buy one of everything in each color.

Now, to mix things up a little but. These cheetah print booties are from Lola Shoetique. The heel is only a couple inches, making my needed Sunday comfort possible.

One of the most important things I do when mixing prints is find pieces that carry the same unifying color. Have fun with it! And remember not to think about it so much!

How do you mix prints? I'd love to hear form you!

Enjoy today's National day of Love!

Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment