5.15.2016

Embrace the Curve: Maxi Dress Season

The maxi dress has been the cornerstone/premiere item of the spring/summer season for years. Women love it because its simplicity in outfit planning as well as the reduction of putting various pieces together. Men love them because they hit all of the right spots, emphasizing the fine creation that is the female. Maxi dresses have stood the test of time and now emerge in various lengths, sizes, shapes, and colors. Today's outfit was centered around this beige maxi dress I scored during a women's fellowship event at my church in Bushkill, PA. Once a year, we clean out our closets and bring them in for our sisters to peruse and "swap" out for the treasures we find in their closets. I think its a fantastic idea, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

This dress was great for my spring maxi dress season, as the material wasn't as light and flowing as a summer maxi. I almost steered clear of this dress because of how close it was to my skin tone, but then I decided to go for it, and wasn't disappointed. So many of my fashion mentors have told me to always try things on, because you just never know.

I really enjoy the dress due to the ruched/gathered detailing in the front. It created a nice bust line along with this chunky gold necklace.

Similar shoes here
I paired the dress with my moccasin heels from eBay. These heels and other fringe/moccasin details have become all the rage the past few seasons, as outlined in this post.
Put together, the ensemble gave off this Glamazon boho look that didn't disappoint.

What are some of your favorite wardrobe items for the spring and summer? Leave a comment below and don't forget to subscribe! I love hearing from you!

Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment