9.25.2016

Transitioning into Fall: Stripes and Cape Vests

Since I started my blog in December, I've really gone through some growing experiences. I've grown in patience. I've grown in confidence. I've grown in style. But most importantly, I've grown outside of the lines. What I put together for today's fall fashion outfit is something I would have never done in a million years before, and I mean the loud stripes as well as all the colors! But in using this platform, I've stepped out of the box a number of times...and look forward to doing it again and again.

Today's mixed colors/fabrics/everything style started with this diagonal striped shirt I got from a friend. When she handed it to me, the pre-blogger Brieana was like "what am I going to do with this shirt?", while the blogger babe said aloud "I have the perfect outfit for this shirt". Even in that moment of fighting off my inhibitions to be "tame", "in-the-box", and "normal", the Brieana you've all come to know reared her head and told me to take the top. I'm so glad I did.

I paired it with this suede sleeveless vest from Wish.com, my new place for cheap finds and staple items. Yes, I know, they are definitely a hit or miss when it comes to quality,but I can tell you all about how to spot a good look item. Check out this blog post on my tips and tricks. I love this vest for its paneled theme (perfect for keeping out the wind) as well as the soft suede that managed not to be 10 inches thick.

I donned these low pumps from Charlotte Russe I got on clearance in a nice dusty orange color. Paired with my afro puff, it was a regular fall day for me! Hanging right outside the box!

What are some fashion trends you're not afraid to dive into?Leave a comment, quip, or photo below. I love hearing from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to the blog.

Cape Vest: Here









Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment