1.15.2017

OOTD: Minimalist Shades of Gray

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyone is having a prosperous and productive New Year thus far. I know I am!

Today's outfit was head to toe proof that muted and dark tones do not have to be boring. I didn't wear anything brighter than a dark taupe today. and I still felt as bright and chic as if I was wearing a pink or red. It was definitely a sophisticated start to 2017.

This gray denim skirt is from City Chic, which is becoming one of my favorite shops this year. Contrary to my other pencil skirts, this one has lots of stretch, just enough space for a small waist, and a pencil silhouette that doesn't "stretch out" after my hips are in them. My fellow plus size skirt wearers, you know what I mean. It's that awkward moment between sitting and standing where your favorite denim item doesn't quite go back into place. Plus size problem #234967463.

Paired with a cozy turtleneck and some taupe accessories, this outfit was one for the minimalist books!




Acid denim washed skirt: Similar

Booties: Similar


How do you put together a minimalist outfit? Leave a comment, quip, or photo in the comments. I love hearing from you!

Don't forget to subscribe to the blog!

Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment