12.27.2015

OOTD: Cool Color Combos

Happy Sunday! I hope you're enjoying the days after Christmas and the time you've spent with cousins you haven't seen in years and eating foods you'll be giving up in a few weeks. 

      Today I want to talk about amazing combinations. Items that are Perfect for one another.Things that you can't mention without their counterpart. Peanut  butter and jelly. Fish and chips. Cell phone and a charger. Wearing glasses and being smart. I'm not so sure about that last one but you get the point. Combinations can add pizzazz or add those finishing touches needed to make a meal or outfit great. One of my favorite color combos is gray and green. An olive or hunter green to be exact. There's something serene and relaxed about the two colors together that still scream sleek and sheek at the same time.


      This long wool duster is from Forever 21+ a couple seasons back. And I promise it's not as itchy as it looks. I know dusters are in for the season,and while I love them,not all of them are as thick as I need them to be. I'm ALWAYS cold,so this sweater keeps me warm. The marled effect adds some extra color to the outfit. 

      This midi dress is also from Forever 21+. I got it in the summer and quickly learned it was more suited for the colder months. There's an additional lining inside of the dress that adds more warmth. During the hot and hazy summer, this was NOT BBQ attire. In the winter,the extra layer helped to create nice, clean lines and layers that kept me warm. The length was also a plus as it was kind of windy today.

      If you couldn't tell already, I love a chunky heeled bootie. These ones from Charlotte Russe gave me the right amount of balance. My mom looks at me in shock every time I step out in something higher than 6 inches. It's my way of keeping the day exciting. High heels,higher standards. The suede material may not be the best when the snow starts to fall,so I'm wearing them before that time comes. 


      Last but not least,let's talk about this  eye candy around my neck. This necklace is a unique and handmade creation from a local store owner here in the Poconos. She'll get her own post soon,but check out her Facebook page here. The intricate design (check out those leaves!) was just what I needed to add some excitement to the otherwise quiet ensemble. 

What are some of your favorite color combinations? Leave a comment below!

Faithfully,
Brieana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment