12.13.2015

OOTD:December 13,2015

         I walked out of the house this morning and the weather read 68 degrees. Fahrenheit. In the middle of December. I had to take a couple of minutes to really praise and adore my God for his continuous miracles and wonders.  67 degrees?! In December? When the weatherman would tell us it's supposed to be snowing?! Sometimes we forget how miraculous and awe inspiring he is. To shift the atmosphere in a way none of us could ever imagine. This morning I understood that I am but a small part of God's giant presence...and for that I am thankful. 

        The GORGEOUS weather gave me the opportunity to wear a couple of pieces I wouldn't normally wear in December. I had to take full advantage because you never know God's plans for the seasons. So I threw on this Olive duster from Haute life plus. The material was very light and breathable (two words I would ,again...not use in the winter months).



The gold accents on the shoulders and adjustable sleeves had me sold. Just the right amount of glamour for an already beautiful color. On the inside, I donned my favorite black jumper. I got this from ASOS a couple of seasons back. It was the perfect layering piece to place underneath my duster. I've worn this in so many different ways that I'm sad for the day it fades. It has pockets and makes the outfit all the more functional since the duster does not. 
My brown booties only just saw the light of the day this year. (Thank God again for the opportunity to be seasonably inappropriate) They're super old but so comfy. The chunky heel makes all the running around I do on Sunday a breeze. I even had to make sure my feet were fully manicured for the peep toe in the front. 

    Today was a beautiful day for light and open pieces. I'm forever grateful to have gotten that chance. Remember to be thankful for it all. Even the sun shining on a "winter" December Sunday. Just God's daily reminder of who's in control. The comfort I feel in that is immeasurable. Not in fabric weights. Not in heels inches. Just in his eternal blessings. 

Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment