12.11.2015

Stepping Out

*deep breath* 

Have you ever...wanted to try something new? And before you even take that first step you imagine all of the worst case scenarios within that something new that can and will go wrong? 

What will they think?
What do I write?
What if I get writer's block?
What if?..What if...What if...

*cue inspirational music* Here I go..

In a couple of sentences...I am what you would call a former ratchet, hailing from Paterson, New Jersey who takes a special interest in learning, leading, and shopping. My thighs take up half my body.I have 2 degrees and am currently working on my License in Social Work. I love the Lord. Sarcasm is my 2nd tongue. With all of that said, what do I do with that package of fantastic?! Answer: SOMETHING. 

I made a vision board at the end of 2014. On that board I had all of these fantastic pictures of apartments, degrees from various universities, and California (I'm a Valley girl at heart). Missing from that board? Starting a blog! It wasn't apart of the plan. But that's what's so wonderful about life. Sometimes your plans are not God's plans. So here I am, at the end of the year, humbly writing to the masses, praying that you find my package of fantastic as great as I think it is. 

My prayer for this blog is to keep and increase the faith. In myself. In my choices. In sisterhood. In women. In my style. And in you. By no means am I a fashionista. Or the next prophetess come down to teach my sisters in Christ how to slay and pray. What I am is someone who is stepping out. With the confidence of 1,000 moons to present the package that is me. Withholding nothing. Except those "what if's".


Faithfully,
Brieana 


No comments:

Post a Comment