12.20.2015

Repetition is Key

Repetition- (n.) the recurrence of an action or an event. 

     When it comes to my fashion choices this is one of my favorite words. I repeat slot of staples in my closet because why not? For me,it's not just about dressing up. It's about how I felt at the moment. And those different moments call for a different top with the same jeans,a different shoe with the same dress,or that favorite sweater with...everything. 

      On today's list of repeats we have my floppy hat in burgundy. This hat is super versatile! Besides the vibrant color,it literally dresses up everything. I've worked  it with maxi dresses,bathing suits, a pair of jeans...you name it! And if you just twist it the tiniest bit you add a bit of sultry to any outfit too. I wore it a few months back in the summer with this Aztec tribal dress from
Haute life plus. The hat is perfect all year around. Protecting me from the rain and sun. 

      This mustard yellow top is from H&M  that I got some years back. It has a high low effect,which makes the bottom options nearly endless. I tucked it in this morning (my first time doing so) and I instantly found a new way to wear it. The top has a sweater feel to it,but it's kind of thin. I threw a  leather jacket over it and I was good to go. 

     
Now normally I don't match my hats or shirt with my shoes,but I couldn't resist. The burgundy with the mustard yellow was a great combination. The booties are a tiny 4 inches so it practically felt like I was wearing flats. 

      Repeating my fashion choices allows me to be thankful for the things that I have and the many ways that I can use them. Your shopping budget doesn't need to be extensive in order be fashion forward. It's all about being creative. Recycling isn't only good for the Earth. It's good for the pockets. Now excuse me while I go find some more gems in my closet I might have forgotten about. 

Faithfully,
Brieana



No comments:

Post a Comment