1.15.2016

Casual Friday: Glamorous Winter Gear

It's finally happened! A few inches of snow and ice in the Pocono have at last ushered our way into true winter fashion. I always laugh at the first snowfall because the conversations and Facebook statuses I hear and see are always amusing. 'Oh man, it's so cold outside'. Or even "It's a low of 10 degrees this morning.' I want to say to them, "Yes that happens in the winter."Those will be the same people who complain of the too humid weather. Be thankful for the highs and lows of his wonders and mercies. In the summer, I'll be happy to don my maxi skirts and gladiator sandals. In the dawn of winter, I'm just as happy to wear some great winter gear. I wouldn't want any of these things to take up dust.

The showcase item for this week's casual Friday are these one-of-a-kind glittering boots from Lola Shoetique. Speaking of taking up dust, I've been thinking about them since daylight savings when 4pm started to look like 6pm. They literally shine up the night and I'm happy I was able to unearth them from the piles of shoes I have to make this comfy cozy outfit. I got these some years ago, and only wore them once so they're in pretty god shape. They're a standard military boot that features lots and lots of GLITTER! I'm trying to calm down the adolescent fairy princess in me that got so excited when I first laid eyes on them a couple years back

Jail posing it! ;)
GLITTER!!!!!



. What better way to be glamorous in the winter than with heavy duty boots covered in glitter?! *swoon*

On top I have a cropped sweater form Victoria's secret I also got a couple of years back. Everyone know Vicky's for their panty sales and bras, but in my heavier catalog shopping days, I was very surprised to know that they also sell some pretty good quality clothing items. They have everything form shirts to skirts to coats. (I'll get into that in another post) Another surprise is that their items go up to an XL in most pieces. This sweater was literally a grab it and go and it kept my outfit pretty chill, where the boots jazzed it up a bit.

Have you ever seen a trendy piece and said. "I don't know if I'm going to look good in that." WELL, later for that noise! As a treat to myself for losing a whopping 65 pounds this year, I ventured into the territory of distressed/ripped denim and I couldn't be happier. I got these from one of my favorite IG boutiques right now, Hautelifeplus. Word to the wise on these, they stretch to epic proportions! So order a size down because they're very forgiving to us sisters who are "hippier".

How do you glam up for the winter? Share a comment, quip, or picture below. TGIF!

Faithfully,
Brieana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment