1.10.2016

OOTD: Oldies But Goodies

Things I hated as a child: Cough syrup. Tea.Turtlnecks. My oh my how the times have changed. When I saw this maxi bodycon dress on Rebdolls I looked back on a time where I mainly wore joggers, Nike high tops and hoodies. My college days called for comfort and convenience, and those outfit staples made it easy for me to head the class in a hurry. At a time even earlier before that, I laughed because I would NEVER wear turtlenecks. They always make me feel like my clothes were "closing" in on me. I'm a self diagnosed claustrophobic and that was NOT okay. The same could be said of scarves and earmuffs.You get the point.

 Its amazing how things of the past always repeat themselves. As I look through look books and magazines I spy a lot of oldies from the 80's and 90's that made appearances in my mom and sister's high school yearbooks: mullets, shoulder pads, and increased use of floral patterns. I had never thought of a turtleneck as a fashionable things. But that's the things about fashion. Our perception can turn any item into a staple.





This dress is long and maroon just the way I like it. It camouflages my knock knees and its perfect for the winter weather. And true to Rebdoll fashion, they hug my curves.

What are some items you would have never worn and find yourself loving now?Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment