6.03.2016

Blogger Chronicles: Memorial Day Weekend

Soooo,  Memorial Day has come and gone. And in the days that it's taken me to recuperate from a fun-filled weekend (at 25, I seriously cannot hang anymore), I've come up with an informal lookbook for my style choices while I was down in Hotlanta. There were some new pieces, as well as some well worn ones from the back of my closet. Either way, going from day-to-night was easy when everyone in the city was so fabulous. I didn't feel weird wearing a statement necklace or a pair of heels. It was all acceptable!

My first ensemble for the weekend was not your run-of-the-mill airport attire. I substituted the sweatpants and head scarf for something as equally comfortable in structure, but what left little to be desired in the style department. This asymmetrical skirt was similar in the ruched nature of this number I wore a couple weeks back. What I enjoyed most about it was its tye-dye color scheme, which screamed vacation. I was able to move through the hustle and bustle of airport terminals in comfort without compromising style.

I paired them with these bedazzled sandals from Lola Shoetique. These are a couple years old, but Lola, as I affectionately call them, always has loads of summer goodies. Check them out!


 

My night ensemble was a casual maxi dress outfit. I purchased this maxi dress from Forever 21+ about 3 years ago, and I haven't stopped wearing it since! As you guys can tell, I'm not a fan of wearing things just once or twice, and this was no different. The newest piece in this ensemble was this statement necklace I got form Charlotte Russe. I was able to get it within their typical 2 for $10 jewelry sale.You'll see the other item I purchased later. 



Onward to Saturday! After recuperating from the first night in ATL, I was hesitant to wear anything about no inches off the ground, but I did it anyway. Besides, a wedge is pretty easy and sturdy wear. These corkscrew wedges were a gift, purchased form JustFab.com, a concierge service that matches up your favorite styles for a monthly suggestion box where you can purchase the latest fashions for really low prices.These bermuda shorts are from Rainbow sometime back. The light denim wash complimented the bright orange perfectly for a nice spring/summer ensemble. The two were then paired with this statement piece, also from Forever 21.


My last night in town,I decided to be a bit less conservative than I normally am, while still maintaining some class in my club outfit. This scuba texture assymetircal mini dress is from Forever 21+. I've only worn in once, and it fit even better the 2nd time. The blank black canvas allowed for a lot of nice gold accents, including this chunky bangle I also got from Charlottee Russe. This lightweight sheer cardigan from Hautelife plus helped me to tone down t conserve the curve, while I still showed some leg. It was my perfect blend of sexy and safe!
My weekend in Atlanta was one that allowed me to dust off some old items in my closet and put some things together that my normal environment may not allow. That's what vacation is for right?!

How did you spend your Memorial Day? Leave a comment below and don't forget to subscribe. I love hearing from you!


Faithfully,
Brieana

No comments:

Post a Comment