6.13.2016

OOTD: Corporate Sunday

The dress code at my job is business casual .I've always though that to be one of the most ambigious terms within the workplace that I've ever come upon. My first question is always.. "what does that even mean?" I say that because sometimes I feel business...most of the time I feel casual. And if I casual decide to throw on a pair of flip flops with these khaki pants...am I wrong? This was the conversation running through my head as I threw this outfit together, because in an alternate world, I would wear something like this to work. Putting the cropped top and lightly tapered woven pant together created a "casual" work look, along with the dramatic cat frame that screamed, "How can I help you today?" in the most corporate way possible.

My textured crop top is form Forever 21+. I got in during a really big clearance sale for about $10. What's funny is, the model in the picture had it paired with these navy blue linen pants (also on clearance!). So I guess you could say Forever 21 provided a little Sunday outfit inspo for me. I paired the rather straight-up look with some dramatic accessories, including these frames (prescription not included) from Charlotte Russe. That's our little secret. Everyone I saw yesterday thought I bought a new pair of glasses.

My corpoate not-so-fancy Sunday look rose a really big question for me; what's acceptable as "business casual?" I think there's a post coming soon .

Faithfully,
Brieana
Just another thickums rocking a crop top ;)


Chunky bracelet also from Charlotte Russe

No comments:

Post a Comment